Monday, November 29, 2010

The end of the first week of treatment

I spoke with my mom on Saturday. Dad started to be depressed lately. He feels OK, however he is feeling weak. He also cannot believe that he has cancer as, according to him, he does not feel that sick...he associates this illness with being in bed and waiting to die. His brother had stomach cancer and died in exact six months. My father was devastated. His brother was only 55 when this happened.
My father said that he is like a leaf in the wind, where ever the wind blows he goes..I am not sure what is the meaning of that, but I believe that he is scared.
Tomorrow he will have all blood tests done and we will see if the level of his blood cells is lower than before starting the treatment.
The radiation will last for 42 days. So we still have 37 to go as during the weekends does not have any and he started on TTuesday last week.
In four months he needs to go back to Debrecen for an MRI to see if the brain is clear of any tumor. We will not think about that now, or at least we will try not to think of that now.
My sisters appear to be OK, not too sure about that, Magda promised me that she will go and see a doctor and have some tests done. We will see if she actually keeps this promise.
Roxana's baby is OK, he has anemia but his heart does not make funny noises anymore.
Mirela is still on a run with my father's medication.
Mom seems positive but I know she must be exhausted.
Last week, on Friday I sent the money that I received from donations, initially I wanted to send them on Thursday but I did not have the SWIFT code of the bank in Romania. It will take at least a week to get in the account.
Thank you guys again for everything.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment