Friday, October 29, 2010

The trip to Bucharest

This trip was my first trip by myself. I have been married for 21 years and never by myself. Everything that I do involves my husband, any vacation, any going away weekend; practically everything in our life involves both of us.
My husband Ov was not thrilled that I am flying by myself, he was sick with worries. I knew that, although he tried hard to not let me see his worries. He couldn't come with me either due to his work and of course due to money.
I cried all the time, but I did not let him see me. I cried only when I was by myself in the airport and while in the plane. I was for the first time scared of flying. Last thing I needed was a panic attack and I almost had one. Good thing was that I had prescribed some pills for such situations. So I put one under my tongue when the plane's engines started to roar, asked for wine and fall asleep. When I woke up the pilot was announcing the weather in London.
I got off there and after going through a second round of check-in I was able to detect the gate were the second flight was taking off.
I got in Bucharest after a long second flight.
My luggage was the last to show, and on top of that I had to change my clothes and put some make up to look decent. I surprised myself with a strength that I wasn't sure I had. I was all put together when I was walking out of the checkout of the airport.
My sister Magda and her husband were waiting for me there.
I haven't seen them in two years to the date, in other words I did not see them since last time when I visited my family.
We hugged shortly, we made few jokes regarding the flight and we avoided big time to acknowledge the reason of my visit.
My sister said to me that I must not be shocked when I am going to see father. She told me that his health deteriored very fast and that I have to brace myself.
I got at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment